Are you looking for a full-time job opportunity that will allow you to develop your career and make a positive impact around the globe? If so, the Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) Grain Handler position in Lethbridge, Alberta, might be the perfect fit for you. In this blog post, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to know about the job vacancy, including the responsibilities, requirements, and how to apply.
Cargill is a global corporation that provides food, agriculture, financial, and industrial products and services to the world. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill works together with farmers, customers, governments, and communities to help people thrive while reducing environmental impact. The company has 160,000 employees in 70 countries, all committed to feeding the world in a responsible way.
About the CASC Grain Handler Position
The CASC Grain Handler is responsible for performing facility operations, such as receiving and shipping products, including fertilizer, chemicals, seed, and grain. This position requires basic maintenance and operator care of equipment to ensure ongoing facility operations. Additionally, the Grain Handler must provide excellent customer service, understand and adhere to all safety policies and procedures, and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
As a Grain Handler at Cargill, your principal accountabilities will include:
- Performing facility operations such as receiving and shipping products, including fertilizer, chemicals, seed, and grain.
- Performing basic maintenance and operator care of equipment to ensure ongoing facility operations.
- Providing excellent customer service and engaging with team members.
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Planning and carrying out unskilled, semi-skilled tasks in and around a grain terminal.
- Shipping, receiving, cleaning, weighing, and binning of grain.
- Performing maintenance on equipment and building.
- Unloading and loading grain.
- Providing customer service and exercising appropriate people skills when dealing with colleagues or customers.
- Maintaining a safe atmosphere within the operation.
- Performing other related duties.
To be considered for the CASC Grain Handler position, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to perform physical job duties, which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs occasionally, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written).
- Must be able to work in various weather, industrial, and agricultural settings.
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays with advance notice.
Preferred qualifications for the Grain Handler position include:
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to operate machinery.
- Able to operate heavy equipment.
- Prior experience in production-related work.
How to Apply
If you meet the basic requirements and would like to apply for the CASC Grain Handler position in Lethbridge, Alberta, you can do so by visiting the Cargill Careers website. Simply search for the job title, and then follow the instructions to submit your application.
Please note that considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (204) area code and that this position does not include relocation reimbursement. Cargill is an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing accommodation to job applicants with disabilities.
Read also: Canada Calling: Foreign Workers Wanted for Visa Sponsorship Jobs in 2023
In conclusion, Cargill is a global leader in the agricultural industry, providing a wide range of products and services to customers around the world. The company is committed to sustainability, reducing environmental impact, and improving the communities where it operates. The current job vacancy in Lethbridge, Alberta, as a Grain Handler, offers an exciting opportunity for candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, 18 years or older, physically fit, and possess basic mechanical aptitude and computer skills. If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements, we encourage you to apply and become part of a team that is making a positive impact around the globe.